Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
After trying numerous vegan chocolate chip cookies and NEVER being satisfied with the finished product, I finally decided to take the baking into my own hands and craft a veganized version of an old family recipe! The vegan version of these cookies turned out even better than I used to make them before I was vegan. These chocolate chip cookies are perfectly chewy and will impress any cookie lover! This recipe yields about 4 dozen cookies (or less if you like bigger cookies).
-1 cup Earth Balance, softened (or other vegan margarine)
-1 cup organic cane sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 12 tablespoons of water)
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-3 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-2 teaspoons hot water
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the Earth Balance (or vegan margarine), organic cane sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Prepare your flax eggs. Be sure to beat the ground flax eggs and water together and let them sit until they form a thick mix. Once the mixture is thickened, add it into the batter.
4. Add in your vanilla to the mixture, and then dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add this to the batter, too.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are nicely browned. Cool and serve!